- Socktoberfest - What to do , what to do? I think I'd be bored silly with just straight st st or endless ribbing, so I went through all of my sock patterns and found some possibilities. I swatched both skeins of Jigsaw, the first just as st st, the second as the Jaywalker zigzags. Pretty happy with the Jaywalker, so I have started that, on 2.25mm needles as suggested, which feels like knitting with toothpicks (!), 84sts around coz my feet are a D fitting (at least!). If they turn out too big, my SIL has feet one size larger than mine - maybe she'd like some for Xmas?
- Mosaic knit vest - those first 10" are going in the frog pond - it took me a little while to get the tension right what with all the slipped sts, and I don't think J will like the mouse pattern next year when he will actually be wearing it, so I will start from scratch, measure him now and guesstimate nest year's likely stretching height-wise, and chart up a pattern using the same v-neck as the Knitter's magazine one. J has requested zigzags, so I just have to figure out size, length etc and off I shall dash!
- Jumper for S - hasn't happened yet, but considering I only just finished her socks, I don't think she is suffering! She is so tiny that she won't be more than an inch different next year, so designing her jumper will be easy - the one she picked is for 8-12yr olds, so I will take the outlines and scale them down A LOT. (size 2 pants only just fit her round the waist now - and she's 3 and a bit!)
- Clapotis - haven't touched it since the last picture - too much other knitting stuff happening in my knitting time. I am feeling the withdrawal.
- Perhaps the above is because Gray's Anatomy was not on this week, again!! How can I knit my Clapotis without appropriate drama going on on the screen???? BTW, you may be interested to know that it was replaced with coverage of the Brownlow Medal night - where they work out the AFL player got the most votes for Best and Fairest (or something - interest in footy is not something I possess). So, they televised people sitting at tables, with nice touches of team colours to their black-tie gear/evening dresses, and announced results from about 18 rounds of voting, in turn. This took several hours. I was not converted to AFL by this.
- I have been eyeing a variety of cardies, hoodies, and am stuck. Do I go for the Central Park Hoodie? the Ribby Cardi? the CeCe cardi? the Ivy (which is a definite, I just don't think I have the right stuff in my stash)? Do I feel like ribbing? cables? a variety of textured stitches?? Of course, I can't really commit to anything that requires exact bust/hip measurements because
- a) I am breastfeeding, so the bust will different next winter
- b) I am gymming 3x every week to lose this preggy-leftover excess flesh and my hips will be smaller next winter
- c) I am a Libran and incapable of committing to anything when there are too many choices!
PPS negotiations have been entered into with J, who is coming up with more and more complicated ideas. This is the sketch of what I think. He now wants the zigzags to change colour so that there can be black stripes across as well. *furrowed brow of deep thought*
PPPS have discovered not one but TWO errors in my jaywalker so far - must tink back 3 rows!!! sheesh... [did you spot them? center double decrease, and forgot a kf/b on right - but aren't the stripes just perfect]