Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Knit like it's the holidays...

Just to let you know - I knifted multiple pairs of Fetchings this Christmas (and it's not over yet!), plus a Tychus that needs a new edging to hide its resemblance to a floppy tea-cosy (don't talk to me about gauge and yarn-substitution), and there has been travel knitting galore:

1 entire Fetching on the ferry, 2/5 of the Tychus in the car, 1 Mini-Basketweave Toddler Sock in the car and at lunch today, and the cuff of the 2nd Fetching in the car this afternoon - when we go to visit relatives for Christmas, we don't let a few hundred kilometres get in the way of meeting for lunch!!!!

Will post pictures once I have internet access on own computer.
Meanwhile, here is a repeat of a little something I snapped earlier - the first two
Fetchings; 1 pair in a chocolatey wool/silk mix, 1 pair in a sunrise alpaca/wool mix
Since then I have been tweaking the pattern to add picots at cuff and hem (hours of fiddling), and centre them over the cable crossings - I like the finial-effect.
Best dash to dinner - Happy Silly Season to you all!