Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Q: How random is my life?

A: Not so much as I thought - having done a little analysis of my weekly timetable, I do in fact have commitments and regular events every day of the week - erk! So much for being free to run things however I please while I stay at home with the girls ;)

So, instead of answering Sunday through to Saturday (a mildly amusing cop-out), I must come up with 7 random things about me, to satisfy Sue.

  1. When I was 8 we lived in Bairiki, which is a village on Tarawa, one of the atolls that make up Kiribati.
  2. Cats make me sneeze, but only if I'm in a cat-lover's house for over half-an-hour.
  3. Perfumes of any artificial kind give me hayfever, but not wattleflowers or other common causes. So I can't have perfumed shampoos, soaps, airfresheners (ha! that's a misnomer), laundry detergent, deodorant, handcream, household cleaning products etc etc etc, but I can have lots of really strong-smelling flowers in my garden, no worries :)
  4. One of my ears is higher than the other, and I have a pair of long earrings that are different lengths by exactly the same amount, so if I put them in the right way, the ends of my earrings are exactly level - if I get it wrong, of course, one is obviously much lower than the other!
  5. I think avocado and vegemite are very tasty together on toast.
  6. I have a very mild lactose intolerance, so I don't eat icecream very often. When I do, though, I like to eat it out of a teacup - it's enough to satisfy my sweet tooth without making me feel erk the next day.
  7. While I was on exchange in Japan, I joined my friend's drama club as a helper - when we had our school festival, I stood outside the door of the 'theatre' room and spruiked the play times in Japanese, which mystified a lot of the people going past. I never thought to ask whether they got a larger audience or a smaller one!

Top