Tuesday, July 31, 2007

TdF KAL - what have we got to show for it?

There was of course Jean-Pierre:


Cleckheaton Country 8ply 100% wool
our own design, inspired by a slip-stitch
mosaic vest in a Knitter's magazine
5mm casein needles
1 week to knit, 2 weeks to sew up and do edgings!

There was a start on Sandrine:
my own design, inspired by a colourful panelled jumper in the same Knitter's magazine, and adapted with the assistance of a template pattern from here.
Yarn: Magic Garden Allsorts (wash and wear double knit) 70% wool, 30% polyester effect
4mm bamboo straights (these are too long and are killing my hands, will switch to circs asap)

And there was some stealth knitting, because I couldn't keep my attention in one place!
Behold, my first toe-ups:


This was a fun Knitalong - I learned lots about the Tour de France, I got to cruise through some pretty cool blogs, my son got his vest, my daughter will get a jumper, I'm hooning through a pair of socks - a win-win-win-win-win situation!!!
Thank you to our hosts Meg and Debby for organising this - it was great fun!!
Top