Sunday, November 26, 2006

JackJumpers


Vital Statistics:
Pattern: Jaywalkers (as if you didn't know already)
Yarn: Heirloom Jigsaw 4ply (75% wool, 25% nylon, 420m/100g)
Needles: 2.25mm bamboo dpns (now with a strong curve from being clenched for kfb, k2tog, ssk)
Alterations: Picot cast-on cuff, from Purlwise
Mistakes:
1. did not do a gauge swatch (thus my 6yr old son J gets my first pair of sock-yarn socks *little sigh*
2. lost a stitch somewhere on top of the foot of 1st JackJumper
3. I think I picked up too many sts from the gusset of the first sock, because it is very narrow, and the sole of the foot is supposed to have 4(?) more sts to allow for tension differences between stocking st and zigzag pattern, and the second sock is noticeably wider!
4. I did not write down how many decreases I did for the toe of the first, so the second is a little wider, though that may be because of point 3 above
5. I did not check my toe-grafting instructions [which were excellent thank you Cindy!] when doing the second toe, so it is not as neat.
6. giving them to J for trying on and photos before weaving and snipping loose ends. Day 2 and he is still wearing them! *happy dance, happy happy joy joy*
Top