Monday, December 18, 2006

Nifty Knifting - NOT

So, I'm stash-busting my way to a Tychus hat for the follicularly-challenged hubby of my best friend.

*It's going great

*He loves purple, so I have no probs with his taste or finding some in said stash

*The pattern is dead easy and goes pretty quick

*I'm 2 segments through which is 2/5 of the way

*It's big enough for my head so it'll fit anyone ('cept maybe those with seriously 80's hairspray volume issues)

*BUT the brown ball is kind of light, I go to the kitchen, pull out those fab digital scales, weigh the remainder and get SEVENTEEN GRAMS!! To quote Snoopy: "AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!"

PS my hubby is getting used to this knitting stuff - as I stood there displeased by the digital readout, DH said "not enough wool?" Got to love him for the sympathy :)
Top