Sunday, January 28, 2007

Chez Kerfuffle

So, we've been in the house for almost 2 weeks, have spent LOTS of money at the hardware shops this weekend for to make shelves, hang shower curtains, get mirrors and a showerhose thingy, vege patch things and other stuff I don't remember even though it was only 20 hours ago....
I do know where my knitting stuff is - in these boxes! And books are here...
I am having lustful knitting fantasies of just sitting down and ignoring the boxes in the kitchen, rumpus and 3 bedrooms, and finishing some Fetchings, a Tychus, starting my Mum's beanie for her trip to Beijing (and maybe throwing in a quick scarf too, have to find some more Jet)... then there are the thick wool house socks for moi because today's temp is 16* C [60.8 F], which is half or less than what I'm used to for summertime - I have a jumper on my shoulders!!! And of course ideas for clothes for the 3 kids, some nice sockwool socks for me, getting on with my long neglected Clapotis (though that can wait till Grey's comes back on) and MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than the selfish items, a scarf I promised to make for my girlfriend who visited last year!! I have to teach myself the funky cast-on used for toe-ups for that though, coz we decided on a short scarf knit in the round with grafted ends to make it extra special... I really should have left the flowers till last...
Top