Sunday, January 14, 2007

Muffin time

Just had to cook somethign this morning, else there would be more chocky, and I really don't need it!

After a bit of a search, I found this recipe for peachy muffins, which I turned into plummy muffins, because that's what I had in the fridge.

VERY NICE - moreish, excellent crumb texture, no creaming butter and sugar (I hate doing that when I want a quick muffin fix). This mix made 12 normal and 16 mini-sized muffins. I often do two sizes - it suits the different appetites of the variously-sized people in the house, and 3 mini-muffins feels much naughtier than 1 normal muffin, despite being the same actual amount :) Next time I might whack in a little nutmeg for the plums, add a few more plums, and put cinnamon sugar on top. Oooh, Can I eat these for my lunch, can I can I can I???

House progress: boxes here, boxes there, wrapping paper everywhere; no bread so takeaway lunch, one-pot-wonder meals till we move in on Wed (bacon + geen peas carbonara last night, v good); need big cupboard to put knitting stash in!!!

Top