Saturday, March 01, 2008

My Feet Are So Pretty!!

Ta-Da!!!!
Finished Roseleaf Socks!!!

Pattern: Falling Leaves, from Knitty.com
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock, colour 'Old Rose'
Needles: Knit Picks 2.5mm dpns (mm, pointy pointy!!)
Time taken: about 2 months; finished sock #two at snb today, immediately put them on to show off my pretty pretty socks!
Modifications: I used the Easy Toe, at the end of this article from Knitty, and used a Tubular Cast-off at the cuffs (s-t-r-e-t-c-h-y!!)
Verdict: LOVE THEM!!!

My modelling assistants:
Model Dogs

In other news:
* be very careful how you hold full bottles of cordial with slightly loose handles. Ask me how I know.
* I've been setting up my Bloglines account with all the blogs I read, but am finding it hard to remember to then go to the blogs so I can comment. I was a bad bloggy friend in Feb, am hoping to be better in March.
* Sock Knitters Pentathlon started today, 4pm local time, so after I got home from snb I (eventually remembered and) downloaded the pattern, cast-on with 2.5mm dpns - too tight, so am starting again with 2.75mm circ to try the specified Magic Loop. Fun fun fun! (nb Ravelry group link)
* But the best news of all is that my rumpus room is festooned with boxes of children's clothes, racks of freshly washed small clothes, and sorted and folded baby clothes - because we have a new niece!!! Congratulations to my sister and brother-in-law on their excellent taste in offspring - their firstborn son receives the pick of my DS's outgrown items, and now their new daughter can have all the other stuff! I am also finding a few small things like cardi, bootees and socks made for my daughter/s that will be passed on and then perhaps brought back for eventual grandchildren (in 20 or 30 years!!)

Top