Friday, June 20, 2008

I rocked the references!!!

Teachers are a tough audience.

It is really hard to present training sessions to teachers who haven't asked for one and give them enough useful information and tips to make them glad they came.

And I did it. With bells on.

I ran a referencing refresher for middle school staff, discussing the author-date system, handing out a cheat sheet, talking about how and when to teach students the skills involved, mentioning note-taking skills and internet search techniques as well. Fascinating, yes? But really, really important, and thankfully the staff agreed, asked intelligent questions, were grateful for the cheat sheet and promise of templates and team-teaching, and passed on their appreciation to exec teachers including my boss.

I rock!!!

Knitting content will resume over the weekend, when I shall hopefully have some.
Top