Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ahem.

Now that I've recovered my composure somewhat **wollmeise!**, I can talk sensibly to you all about life, knitting and birthdays.
So, it was my birthday on Friday, a glorious 35 years old am I. Thanks to my parents, I am reasonably intelligent, productive, stable and happy member of society. Thanks to my husband, I have a strong, loving and happy marriage with three lovely (aside from the tantrums) children. Thanks to my children I have hugs and cuddles every day, and every day I try to remember how lucky I am to have them (aside from the tantrums). Thanks to a lot of hard work and a welcome share of good luck, I have an interesting job which could even be called a career, and which is helping to pay the mortgage on our house. And thanks to my family and friends, I have phonecalls and messages and cards and emails wishing me a happy birthday. I am blessed, and well aware of it.

And I got Wollmeise from Tink!!!
And Doctor Who - The Complete First Series (Billie Piper Christopher Eccleston) from hubby and kids!!!
A Bunnings gift card from MIL for house/garden things!!!
An as yet unseen surprise from Mum and Dad!!! (they only got back from UK/France holiday on Tuesday - lack of posting time is understandable)
And my school threw an Octoberfest evening for me!!! - Well, no they didn't throw it for me, but they did have an Octoberfest on Friday evening, so that's close enough - I didn't have to cook, or clean up, and I got lemon-ricotta cheesecake for dessert. What's not to love?
And yesterday we had a bonus snb for Kim, (tenakee on Ravelry) who is on her annual conference visit from Alaska. We met at the Rotunda in the Botanical Gardens, and enjoyed a glorious spring afternoon eating and chatting and watching spouses look after children whilst we talked knitting, the universe and everything :>
BBQ tea last night - with daylight savings it is light outside until 8pm now - and an evening on the computer playing with pattern ideas in Ravelry. I'm thinking of the Forget-Me-Not shawl (Ravlink), or perhaps the Hyacinth Lace shawl (Ravlink), both from Evelyn A. Clark. I'll have to make my mind up in the next half-an-hour, because I neeeeeed to cast on something with this amazing yarn!!!
Top