Friday, January 05, 2007

Picot-edged Fetchings

As I may have mentioned, I was totally on the Fetching Fetish this Silly Season, so I made Chocomitts, Green-Fingers, Glove-Trotters, and have only the thumb left to do on a pair of Raspberry Rippers.
Since all my photos on DH's camera 'mysteriously' disappeared sometime between the 21st Dec and yesterday evening, I do not have proper pics until I can bribe the new owners into modelling for me! But I can offer you this Raspberry Ripper:

For the Picot Cast-On:
*Knit-cast on 6 sts, K2tog, slip st back to left needle, K2 tog, slip st back to left needle, cast on 1 *repeat to end

I fiddled around for a while to get it to work, but this way gave me little bobbles centred along the line of the cables, which I kind of fancied :)

For the Picot Cast-Off:
#1 work as for pattern instructions but centre over line of cable twists
#2 bind off using {K2tog, *slip st to left needle, K2tog*}, but cast on 2 extra sts over the cables and cast them off again straight away using same K2 tog method - makes a little tail-bit that curls over like a bobble.

You could also do a simple crochet cast-off and just work a few double-crochets (single in the US) where you want your bobble - of course, I haven't tried that one yet ;)

My thanks to Nonaknits for her excellent post that helped me work out what I wanted to do.
Top