Monday, March 12, 2007

Casting off, casting on, and re-emergence...

So, do you want to see what I finished on Friday night?

Funky, huh?

And then, because I can't have a sockless knitting existence, I played around with 46st toddler ideas and came up with this little cutie:

Do you like the sweet little cables running down the sides? The legs of the cables will divide at the heel flap - I know I've seen it done for grown-up socks, so why not for these? Using Grumperina's no-cable-needle technique, of course!
For those with a keen eye, yes that is real sashiko embroidery - I bought this bag in Japan 17 years ago (!!! the calculations to work that out!!!) when I was an exchange student. I'm not much of a handbag person, so it hasn't seen much use recently, but look how neatly a sock project fits in there!
Speaking of sock bags, I've been contemplating scraps from my fabric boxes:

What think you?

And lastly, but not leastly, I had SO MUCH FUN last night, in front of G's A, I ADORE the textures, I'm SO INTO NJ!!!!
(Watch Jae do a happy dance in the comments!)

Time to sit in front of the teev, tea and bikkies close to hand, NJ sleeve IN hand, and laugh at CSI:NY!

Oyasumi nasai!

Top