Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Coolth!

Well, after quite a bit of warm-to-hot, slightly-to-very-humid weather, the cool change has arrived, and the socks, jumpers and blankets reappear with warm and fuzzy abandon! V has been wearing her cardi, which is now too short (of course it is - nearly 5 months is a long time in baby growth!). Time to bust open the stash boxes and pull out a quick cardi! I have a few ideas, involving sideways-knit, 3/4 sleeve garter stitch, flared hem kimono style cardi - we'll see if ideas translate to reality ;P

Also on the knitting front, I have printed out knitting graph paper [note the slogan on the header - hee hee!] and have charted the first half of the NJ sleeve - I just can't follow the mostly-written-with-pattern-repeats-on-little-charts instructions, so:


Socking good fun is happening in front of the teev each eve(ning)




Sometimes I think I may even finish them by the end of the week! #1 only took a week, but if I voice my hopes out loud, they will immediately become target practice for my oh so inventive offspring, who can always find ways to fill up my time - in the last 2 weeks we've had colds, teething, headlice, several bed-wetting incidents - including once in our bed, so we slept on the sofa for 2 days waiting for the mattress and wool underlay to dry out, sandpit fun, painting fun, blocks fun, cover-the-entire-rumpus-room-with-toys fun, knock breakkie off the bench by puring milk into the bowl on the edge, plus normal washing, cleaning, cooking etc etc etc.

Pondering: at what point does a WIP become a UFO? Does thinking about it extend the deadline? What if you nearly have your hand on the WIP but are fatally distracted by a mad dash to save the nearly dry washing from incipient rainfall? Because while I have a number of things on my needles, I fear many are now UFOs rather than WIPs, because it has been more than a month for most of them....
hmmm - on that thought, I need tea and panforte, although sadly I will go and put the washing out first - I still have another load of sheets to do, it's nearly 3pm, and I need every skerrick of sunshine I can get! Oh the trials of housewifery!
Top