Thursday, October 02, 2008

Another One Done!

I know, you don't believe the title, it can't possibly be true, something must have happened to make me type the wrong words - but NO!!! It is true!! The Alpine Cardi is DONE!!

To prove it, photos of me in my work clothes - I wore it today (unwashed/unblocked ::gasp::!!!) with a sweet little shawl pin in place of the un-discoverable fasteners, and later, at home, in dressed-down mode:

Verdict: very nice. Just the right weight for these not-quite-warm spring days, comfy, warm around the shoulder blades.
Modifications: next size-up sleeves, added shaping to the back neck, used 8ply for the last few rows of the neckband and changed the bind-off to be occasional picots instead of continuously loopy loops.
Yarn: Cleckheaton Country 12ply (and 8ply), KP Harmony circ 5mm, 6mm, and 4.5mm for the neckband 'coz Miss 2.5 scattered my needles everywhere and I can't find one tip of the 5mms.
Pattern: Alpine cardi from Berrocco.com (will check and add links later).

Time for the next little cardi! (After these socks, and the doll and the other socks for the Show, and....)

Top